Written Question on Personality Disorders

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Personality Disorders"
Date Title Questioner
11 Jun 2018, 1:24 p.m. Christopher Chope (Conservative - Christchurch) Christopher Chope (Conservative - Christchurch)

Question to the Department of Health and Social Care:

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps are being taken better to diagnose people with narcissistic personality disorder and to provide such people with professional support.

Answered by Jackie Doyle-Price

Having a personality disorder can have a big effect on the person's life, as well as their family and friends. We expect clinicians to use their professional training and judgement in diagnosing people with personality disorders and providing appropriate support and treatment thereafter.

Treatment for personality disorders may involve talking therapy, group therapy and medication. Further advice and support is also available from the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the voluntary and charitable sector.

You may also be interested in: