Alcoholic Drinks: Misuse

(asked on 8th February 2024) - View Source

Question to the Department of Health and Social Care:

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what recent assessment she has made of the adequacy of the number of residential placements available for individuals who have experienced alcohol harm.

Answered by
Andrea Leadsom Portrait
Andrea Leadsom
Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health and Social Care)
This question was answered on 19th February 2024

Local authorities are responsible for assessing local need for alcohol treatment and commissioning a range of services and interventions, including the provision of residential rehabilitation to meet that need. As part of the Government’s 10-year drug strategy, we have made a record £532 million of additional investment through to 2024/25 to improve drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services. This funding is in addition to the Public Health Grant and will improve the capacity and quality of drug and alcohol treatment. 83 areas also receive funding for treatment pathways for people who sleep rough, and this funding can be used to support people into residential treatment.

Reticulating Splines