Written Question on Energy Performance Certificates: Conservation Areas

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Energy Performance Certificates: Conservation Areas"
Date Title Questioner
25 Sep 2017, 1:16 p.m. Energy Performance Certificates: Conservation Areas Lord Kennedy of Southwark


To ask Her Majesty's Government whether it is a legal requirement to provide a prospective (1) buyer, and (2) tenant, with an Energy Performance Certificate whenever a dwelling in a conservation area is sold or let.

Answer (Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth)

An Energy Performance Certificate is required when either selling or renting a property in a conservation area unless a valid exemption applies. For example, listed buildings or buildings in a designated environment where compliance with certain minimum energy performance requirements would unacceptably alter their character or appearance.

You may also be interested in: