Ministry of Defence: Nature Conservation

(asked on 28th February 2020) - View Source

Question to the Ministry of Defence:

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will list the (a) sites and areas of special scientific interest, (b) special protection areas and (c) special areas of conservation under his Department's (i) ownership and (ii) control.

Answered by
Jeremy Quin Portrait
Jeremy Quin
This question was answered on 9th March 2020

A list of the Sites and Areas of Special Scientific Interest; Special Protection Areas and Special Areas for Conservation within the Defence estate will be placed in the Library of the House.

The list includes land that is either freehold, leasehold or a combination of both.

All sites on the list are deemed to be in Ministry of Defence control by virtue of being Defence establishments.

The list is limited to the UK estate.

Reticulating Splines