Children: Gender Dysphoria

(asked on 22nd May 2023) - View Source

Question to the Department for Education:

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what her policy is on whether schools should tell unsupportive parents that their children are trans and gender questioning.

Answered by
Nick Gibb Portrait
Nick Gibb
This question was answered on 26th May 2023

The Department believes that all pupils should be supported whilst growing up. Schools, colleges and teachers are committed to supporting all pupils and students to thrive and reach their potential in a safe and respectful environment.

All schools and colleges must have regard to the Department’s 'Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)' statutory guidance, when carrying out their duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. The KCSIE statutory guidance is available at:

The Department is working with the Minister for Women and Equalities to develop guidance to support schools in relation to gender questioning pupils.

Reticulating Splines