Pupils: Sexual Offences

(asked on 5th November 2020) - View Source

Question to the Department for Education:

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what guidance is available for schools on best practice for supporting children who have reported child sexual abuse from another child at the school.

Answered by
Vicky Ford Portrait
Vicky Ford
This question was answered on 13th November 2020

The department provides two documents to assist schools in managing any report of sexual violence and sexual harassment. Both provide detailed information on schools’ legal responsibilities, advice on managing reports of abuse, victim support and provide links to specialist advice and support.

The statutory guidance, which schools must give regard to, for keeping children safe in education is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keeping-children-safe-in-education--2.

Advice on sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sexual-violence-and-sexual-harassment-between-children-in-schools-and-colleges.

Reticulating Splines