Coronavirus: Contact Tracing

(asked on 25th June 2020) - View Source

Question to the Department of Health and Social Care:

To ask Her Majesty's Government what information on local support systems is provided to individuals traced through the NHS COVID-19 test, track and trace system to help them to isolate.

Answered by
Lord Bethell Portrait
Lord Bethell
This question was answered on 23rd November 2020

There is a range of support available for individuals who are told to self-isolate by National Health Service Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. This includes Statutory Sick Pay, subject to meeting eligibility requirements, and since 28 September a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500, introduced to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and will lose income as a result.

Individuals are informed about local support networks if they need practical, social or emotional support. As part of the information available during the application process for the Test and Trace Support Payment, either on the online form or telephone application, local authorities are also encouraged to reference any other local support that is available for people who are self-isolating, such as food packages.

Reticulating Splines