Special Educational Needs

(asked on 22nd March 2022) - View Source

Question to the Department for Education:

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if he will ensure that Education and Health Care Plan forms are available in languages other than English.

Answered by
Will Quince Portrait
Will Quince
This question was answered on 30th March 2022

The special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) code of practice makes clear that the format of an education health and care (EHC) plan is agreed locally. Local authorities must decide on the languages that EHC plans are available in, depending on local need. The SEND code of practice is available here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/398815/SEND_Code_of_Practice_January_2015.pdf

Reticulating Splines