Sodium Valproate

(asked on 12th January 2022) - View Source

Question to the Department of Health and Social Care:

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what financial provision he has made to support the health needs of those affected by Sodium Valproate.

Answered by
Maria Caulfield Portrait
Maria Caulfield
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Department for Business and Trade) (Minister for Women)
This question was answered on 1st March 2022

Those affected by sodium valproate may be in receipt of Continuing Healthcare where individuals with long-term complex health needs qualify for free social care arranged and funded solely by the National Health Service. Personal Health Budgets are also available to support health and wellbeing needs, which is planned and agreed between the individual or their representative and the local clinical commissioning group.

Reticulating Splines