To match an exact phrase, use quotation marks around the search term. eg. "Parliamentary Estate". Use "OR" or "AND" as link words to form more complex queries.

Keep yourself up-to-date with the latest developments by exploring our subscription options to receive notifications direct to your inbox

Written Question
Canada: Pensions
Friday 10th February 2023

Asked by: Richard Thomson (Scottish National Party - Gordon)

Question to the Department for Work and Pensions:

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, pursuant to the Answer of 27 January 2023 to Question 127917 on Canada: Social Security Benefits, if he will hold discussions with his Canadian counterpart on the frozen pensions policy.

Answered by Laura Trott - Chief Secretary to the Treasury

There are two separate social security arrangements in place between the UK and Canada, made in 1995 and 1998. The UK Government has no plans to change the social security relationship with Canada.