Private Rented Housing: Energy Bills Rebate

(asked on 18th July 2022) - View Source

Question to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy:

To ask Her Majesty's Government how private tenants who pay their council tax or energy bills as part of their rent will be able to claim their energy bills support grant if (1) their rent has already risen this year, and (2) it has not already risen this year.

Answered by
Lord Callanan Portrait
Lord Callanan
Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
This question was answered on 26th July 2022

There are rules which can protect tenants and ensure they receive the benefit of this policy. A copy of Ofgem’s guidance on how to ensure customers are being charged no more than they should when they buy the electricity through their landlord, including what to do if they think there has been a mistake, is attached.

Reticulating Splines